Friday, January 8, 2010

Starting a new book...with a twist.

So last night I was walking around Barnes and Nobles and I knew that I would be finished with all of J. A. Jance's books by this morning, so I start looking for a new book that might captivate my interest as well as Jance did. I walked all through fiction, all through suspense, all through mystery and found nothing that grabbed me. As I almost admitted defeat my best friend directed me to the "Classics" table.

I'm not big into classics, I feel as if I don't quite understand them. I think its the way they speak. Dont get me wrong, its beautiful the way theyre words flow together, but sometimes the words they use confuse the heck out of me.

So back to my book hunt.

Were standing at the table and there are all the Jane Austen books, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility etc. As I was reading the titles to see if they interested me I realized that they are a little different than the original classics. I ended up choosing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Graham-Smith.

Its a quirky twist to the originals. I'm really excited to start it and I hope I can get into it better than the original!! Wish me luck, ill let you know how it goes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment